pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Logging function

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Logging function
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:48:02 +0100

   > I would not use several log levels. The library is not expected to
   > emit traces except for debugging purposes or to notify fatal errors.

   I agree. As the logs are intended only for the developers, there is no
   real need to have different levels.

   >    /* Main logging function */
   >    void pdf_log(enum pdf_log_level_e log_level,
   >                  enum pdf_log_type_e  log_type,
   >                  const char           *str_template,
   >                  ...);
   >
   > I like gerel's proposal to use a conditional macro `PDF_DEBUG' (or a
   > set of macros `PDF_DEBUG_*' if we implement several logging scopes)
   > that may expand to the empty string.

   Yes, probably a simple macro per module/layer would be enough.

Ok.

Gerel, do you agree with this solution?

If you do agree, please update the error module wiki page with a
description of this new functionality and then implement it in
pdf-error.[ch]