pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Hash module API

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Hash module API
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 20:03:14 +0200

    > So if needed would not be hard to write our own version if to use
    > hash_pjw with gl_listelement_hashcode_fn proves to be problematic.

   I think It won't be problematic.

Nice.

   Now, I'll send the patch for the final Hash Module API that I'm planing to
   implement.
   A question first. Regarding "pdf_hash_iterator_next()" that is supposed to
   return each key of a hash table, do you think we should keep track of each
   string key and free() them when "pdf_hash_iterator_free()" is called or leave
   the user that job. It is a memory used over complexity trade-off.

If possible I would offer the keys to the user under the form of a
const pointer. The pointer would directly point to the pdf_hash_t
internal string that conforms the key.

The API seems ok to me. Please commit it and ACK.

Thanks.