pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] time module unit test cases

From: Eder
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] time module unit test cases
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 16:58:33 +0200

> I do not know internally the list creation api, and maybe I am saying
> something wrong, but, Could be possible to always create/reserve the
> memory inside pdf_list_create function, so we do not mind the incoming
> pointer list?
>
> Regards.

Explaining a little bit deeper, for example glib (I am a glib fan)
normally allocates the memory inside the functions and the user has to
call the appropriate functions to free them, for example:

/* Notice that these are initialized to the empty list. */
GList *list = NULL, *number_list = NULL;

/* This is a list of strings. */
list = g_list_append (list, "first");
list = g_list_append (list, "second");

// Do whatever

/* Free */
g_list_free(list);

http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/stable/glib-Doubly-Linked-Lists.html#id3511896
"There is no function to create a GList. NULL is considered to be the
empty list so you simply set a GList* to NULL."

- Eder.