pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] migration to GNU Bazaar

From: jemarch
Subject: [pdf-devel] migration to GNU Bazaar
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 04:05:03 +0200

Hello.

I just finished the VCS migration process from CVS to GNU Bazaar. The
converted branches can be found in

   http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/pdf/libgnupdf/

Right now there is only one branch containing the HEAD of our CVS
repository with all the previous history:

   http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/pdf/libgnupdf/branches/trunk

Please DONT commit anything to the CVS repository nor the Bazaar
'trunk' branch. For now we are going to use a "decentraliced with
human gatekeeper" type workflow (documented in
http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/bzr.dev/en/user-guide/index.html#workflows).

To get a copy of the trunk you can use the following command:

 $ bzr branch http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/pdf/libgnupdf/branches/trunk
LOCAL-DIR

Please always use the http:// protocol to get a branch from savannah
even if you are a member of the "pdf" project (and thus you have
read-write sftp access). In this way you wont make changes in the
online branches by mistake.

In some point of the development we may decide that would be useful to
host some task-oriented branches in the savannah repository. In that
case the developer leading the development of the task will become the
human gatekeeper for that branch. Note that we are NOT going to host
personal branches in the savannah repository, but only task-oriented
ones.

I recommend to follow the strategy explained in
http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/bzr.dev/en/user-guide/index.html#organizing-branches
in order to maintain the local branches. Of course it is up to you how
to organize your work :)

Please read
http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/bzr.dev/en/user-guide/index.html#sending-changes
for a description of the bazaar "merge directives". The merge
directives should be sent to this very mailing list to be
discussed. If the patch is approved then I will merge it into the
trunk.

Jagadees: you should not have problems to branch the trunk from behind
a firewall as long as the firewall allow http connections using the
port 80. If it is not the case please let me know.

Thanks.

--
Jose E. Marchesi <address@hidden>
GNU Project      http://www.gnu.org