pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] DCT implemenet

From: gerel
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] DCT implemenet
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 13:53:10 -0800 (PST)

 > Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 11:52:42 +0800
 > From: "=?GB2312?B?0e6zo7uq?=" <address@hidden>
 >
 > ------=_Part_32627_28535755.1228535562541
 >
 > Hi,
 >
 > I'm writing DCT filter.I've some issues to discuss with you.
 >
 > 1. For the base layer, should the input and output  be file or memory? Or
 > both?
 >
 > 2. How to get the parameters for encode, e.g. the image size? If in the hash
 > table filter_params, should I add the key name of the parameters in
 > pdf-stm.h?

Hi Yank, for both questions I recommend you to read some already implemented
filter like, pdf-f-ahex. I'll give you some hints anyways.
The input and output are two buffers, whether on disk or memory should not be of
your concern.
You can read more here:
http://gnupdf.org/Lib:Architecture/Base_Layer/Stream_Module#Buffers

Regarding the parameters you only ask for the key, as it's supposed to be
already
added prior the filter's call.

Hope it helps,

-gerel