pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] CCITT Filters

From: Vivek Paradkar
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] CCITT Filters
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 06:32:21 -0500

Hi,

TIFFClientOpen can be used in case of encoding data.
Panda is using TIFFClientOpen for encoding TIFF image.

But for decoding TIFFClientOpen calls TIFFReadDirectory for initialising internal TIFFDirectory structure. The structure data is used in TIFFReadEncodedStrip function
which decodes the input data into user buffer.

I can call TIFFClientOpen initially with write mode so that TIFFReadDirectory will not be called and change the mode to read for decoding later. Not all fields of structure TIFFDirectory can be updated through TIFFSetField function like td_nstrips etc.
which are used in TIFFReadEncodedStrip.
I checked code for fax2tiff utility which reads fax data and converts it into TIFF image, but in that they are directly accessing internal structures and directly calling decode function, instead of calling TIFFReadEncodedStrip.

Any suggestions.

Thanks and Rgrds,

Vivek Paradkar