pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] DCT dec filter progress

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] DCT dec filter progress
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 19:58:01 +0100

Hi Yang.

   I'm almost done with the basic jpeg decode filter. But still cannot
   handle some special jpeg file that seems need special care, the test
   files released with libjpeg which names like "testimgp.jpg" or
   "testprog.jpg".Souds like progress decompress needed, I'll study it
   later.

Ok.

   I know we add test case under torture folder, and I've gone through the
   test code like ahex filter.But I don't know exactly how to write the
   test case for  dct filter.No test cases added yet for jbig2 filter ,
   right? What I'm doing is use utils/pdf-filter, and redirect the output
   to a file.Plus, I write the file header as djpeg did and just see if the
   output file is the same as djpeg.But the bmp file header is not expected
   for stm output...

Just do informal testing at the moment. As soon as the disk filesystem
is finished we will write the tests for the remaining filters.

   If things go well, I will send you the patch for review tomorrow.

Superb. Many thanks.