pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Updated tokeniser/parser patch

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Updated tokeniser/parser patch
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 23:31:57 +0100

    > gnulib is not a shared library. The files are designed to be copied
    > directly into programs -- so if a programmer decides they don't want to
    > abort on OOM conditions, they can avoid or fix those modules. But GNU
    > PDF will usually be loaded dynamically, which means the same binary
    > could be used by many applications, each with a different OOM policy.
    > We shouldn't impose any policy on them.

   It was hardly suggested to not fix/modify the gnulib modules in
   previous emails, I don't know...

Definitely we don't want to make "customization" hacks to code coming
from gnulib. To allow the error callback to not terminate the process
is a reasonable petition and I am sure that the gnulib maintainers
will honor it.