pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] Font subsetting

From: Peter Thomassen
Subject: [pdf-devel] Font subsetting
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 00:42:15 +0100

Hi,

I've got many PDF files that have UTF-8 fonts embedded, but only are using a hundred characters or so. This makes the files bigger as needed.

I'm not sure if this list is right for my question, but I'd like to know if there's any approach of GNU PDF in the direction of such problems.

Maybe, there already is existing software to reduce the embedded fonts to the subset that is actually used? Or is that impossible?

Thanks,
Peter