pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] Problem with pdf_text_new_from_unicode

From: derhans
Subject: [pdf-devel] Problem with pdf_text_new_from_unicode
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 06:52:23 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everybody,

I have some trouble using pdf_text_new_from_unicode. It would be great if
someone could help. Here is what I'm doing:

  pdf_text_t path;
  pdf_char_t pathname[] = "DOESNTEXIST";

  fail_if( pdf_text_init() != PDF_OK );

  fail_if( pdf_text_new_from_unicode(pathname,
                                                        strlen((char*)
pathname),
                                                        PDF_TEXT_UTF8,
                                                        &path) != PDF_OK );

This is taken from some test code I'm writing. The call to
pdf_text_new_from_unicode returns PDF_OK as, but path->data contains only
the first character of pathname. So I debugged this with the following
result.
1. All parameters passed to pdf_text_new_from_unicode seem to be ok
2. The error happens within pdf_text_set_unicode called in pdf-text.c line
424
3. Within that, pdf_text_utf8_to_utf32he is called (pdf-text.c 944) which
seems  to cause the problem.
    - data is allocated with the right size 44 (pdf-text-encoding.c 896)
    - The characters are copied correctly to utf32val and utf8val
    - In line 936:
             memcpy(&(data[j]), &(utf32val), 4);
      doesn't seem to work, data always contains just the first character
of the input string

Could you please have a look and let me know what you think.
Please let me know if you need further information/details.

regards,

Hans