pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] pdf-fsys-disk.c: fpos_t VS size_t

From: Jose E . Marchesi
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] pdf-fsys-disk.c: fpos_t VS size_t
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 01:34:30 +0200 (CEST)

    Which means ftell/fseek does not always work.

I think that both POSIX and Windows (mingw) have ftell/fseek.  That
is enough for our needs.

What is clear is that it is not possible to map a numeric offset since
the beginning of the file to a fpos_t structure, so we will have to
use ftell and fseek.

    And one simple question: Why set file position

It is part of the filesystem interface that is provided in the base
layer.  For example, the user may want to open a stream at a given
position in a file to parse a PDF object.

--
Jose E. Marchesi  <address@hidden>
                  http://www.jemarch.net