pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] UUID implementation trouble

From: Albert Meroño Peñuela
Subject: [pdf-devel] UUID implementation trouble
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 20:42:25 +0100

Hello everyone,

I apologise for these (more than probably) trivial questions, but this
is my first participation in a project like this.

I have written a requested layer in pdf-types-uuid.[ch] in order to
link with libuuid library (which provides all requirements we need
regarding UUIDs management). The problems arise when I try to compile
the library with it; the library compiles well, but linkage fails when
trying to build 'utils' and 'torture':

Making all in utils
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/amp/trunk/utils'
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=link gcc  -g -O2   -o
pdf-filter  pdf-filter.o ../src/libgnupdf.la  -lz
libtool: link: gcc -g -O2 -o .libs/pdf-filter pdf-filter.o
../src/.libs/libgnupdf.so -lz -pthread
../src/.libs/libgnupdf.so: undefined reference to `uuid_generate'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

The failing reference is a call to the linked libbuid library. I have
modified src/Makefile.am, adding both pdf-types-uuid.[ch] in
TYPES_MODULE_SOURCES. I have also added uuid as a requirement to check
during the bootsrap at ./configure.ac (the configure script checks
correctly if libuuid is present or not).

Additionally, if I remove *all* calls to the uuid/uuid.h library,
doing 'make; make install' passes but the generated header at
/usr/local/include/pdf.h does not contain any datatype or function
defined in pdf-types-uuid.h...

I would really appreciate any help on this (and sorry again, these are
my first steps).

Cheers,

Albert