pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] New developer and UUID module request

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] New developer and UUID module request
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 21:57:55 +0100

Hi Albert.

    Regarding this, I have the linkage with Tso's libuuid almost done in
    base/pdf-types-uuid.[ch].

Great :)

    However, Tso's libuuid does not provide generation of name-based
    UUIDs, as required in doc/gnupdf.texi; it provides time-based and
    random-based generation only. So, my question is: is the name-based
    generation a must? If it is, I could implement it in libuuid and then
    come back to libgnupdf to complete the linkage. If it is not, this
    task is almost done :)

We can live without the name-based UUIDs.  We will be using time-based
UUIDs most the time, I guess.

Please send your branch with bzr send when you feel it is ready for
review.

    By the way, I'm feeling curious about the UUID module: where is it
    going to be used?

We will be using it to generate IDs for the PDF documents, as well as in
any occasion where we may need an unique identifier.

Thanks!

--
Jose E. Marchesi    address@hidden
GNU Project         http://www.gnu.org