perlpanel-devel

Re: [Perlpanel-devel] new dock applet and desktop entry module

From: Gavin Brown
Subject: Re: [Perlpanel-devel] new dock applet and desktop entry module
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:29:21 +0100

Hi Luka,

> the dock is a launcher & taskbar combination. for it to work, you need
> class group support in Gnome2::Wnck
> (i think this means you need gnome2.6 at least). it strives to be
> useful, compact and simple to use.
> it creates its icons in ~/.perlpanel/dock/

I tried your applet out, but I'm not quite sure how it works. It showed
icons for the applications that were running, but I can't see how it was
any different to the standard libwnck tasklist. Also, it doesn't seem to
like virtual desktops very much - if I have multiple terminals open in
different desktops they all get dumped on to the same desktop.

Can you give us a bit more detail about how your applet works, and how
it's different from the others that are already available?

Thanks,

Gavin.

--
Gavin Brown