perlpanel-devel

Re: [Perlpanel-devel] .perlpanelrc breaks when using translation

From: Gavin Brown
Subject: Re: [Perlpanel-devel] .perlpanelrc breaks when using translation
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 22:38:27 +0100

> i've started translating perlpanel (to slovenian)

That's really cool! AFAIK, you're the first person to do any translation
work. I'm actually a bit frustrated that no-one has submitted a
translation yet - I was even considering putting a nag dialog into
0.6.0!

> i guess the problem would be in Applet/Configurator.pm:apply_settings,
> but i'm not sure how to get the msgid's instead of translations
> at that point...

Hmm, sounds like libglade is automatically translating the contents of
the GtkLists that are defined in the Glade - the solution would be to
move to a ComboBox where the translated string and the "raw" string can
be put togther (with the latter set to invisible). I'll do some hacking
and see what I can find.

> also i hope someone on this list can help me with a pointer: how do i
> change the background color on the Gtk2::Button? i'd like application
> icons in the dock to have a different color background when running.
> i guess it would be best to make it the 'theme' highlight color - anyone
> knows how to get at that?

Try using a Gtk2::ColorButton.

Gavin.

--