perlpanel-devel

Re: [Perlpanel-devel] Problems with perlpanel (perhaps found some bugs)

From: Jason Brian Friedrich
Subject: Re: [Perlpanel-devel] Problems with perlpanel (perhaps found some bugs)
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 01:38:30 +0200

Hey folks,

i got some new information about the trouble with the launcher in
CVS version. I had some time so i "played" around a bit with the
panel:

I add the launcher applet to the panel and get this error:

Unrecognized image file format at
/usr/local/bin/perlpanel-item-edit line 137.

When i edit the file, go to line 137 and uncomment the else
clause so that i will be asked for an icon when it could not be
found with "Gtk2::Image->new_from_pixbuf", i can add a launcher
to the panel and can do a left click to launch the application.
But when i do a right click, and the panel is aligned to the
bottom, i get this error message:

*** unhandled exception in callback:
***   Can't locate object method "menu" via package
"PerlPanel::Applet::Launcher" at
/usr/local/lib/perlpanel/PerlPanel/Applet/Launcher.pm line 159.
***  ignoring at /usr/local/lib/perlpanel/PerlPanel.pm line 181

So i edited "Launcher.pm" at line 159 and saw that the panel
checks its position, if it is on top or not. If it is not on top,
it seems that it tries to determin its position with

PerlPanel::screen_height() - $self->menu->allocation->height -
PerlPanel::panel->allocation->height)

and that seems to fail. If i put my panel on top, i am even able
to right click on the launcher "button" and check the preferences
or remove it from my panel. But still i can not add one by right
clicking on a launcher button and select "New launcher.." (or
something similar) like i did in 0.70. Hope that someone find the
 error and correct it. Thanks again to Gavin and his great
support so far!

Jason