perlpanel-devel

Re: [Perlpanel-devel] Problems with perlpanel (perhaps found some bugs)

From: Gavin Brown
Subject: Re: [Perlpanel-devel] Problems with perlpanel (perhaps found some bugs)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:36:45 +0100

> I grabbed a fresh copy from CVS at 18:50 but the error still
> occurs. I changed line 225 in the file perl-item-edit (with my
> rudimentary perl skills):
>
> -- From --
>
> $selector->get_preview_widget->set_from_pixbuf($pbf) if
> defined($pixbuf));
>
> -- To --
>
> $selector->get_preview_widget->set_from_pixbuf($pbf) if
> defined(my $pixbuf));
>
> And it works now here. Its a crude hack in my opinion, ad it is
> very very ugly ;).

You don't seem to have an updated copy - the current revision is 1.17
(check the $Id$ line at the bottom of the copyright notice at the top of
the file).

Also, your modification does nothing useful. defined(my $var) will
always return a true value. The latest revision corrects the error - I
had used $pbf as the name of the pixbuf variable, but for some reason
wrote $pixbuf on that line.

Gavin.

--
Gavin Brown