perlpanel-devel

[Perlpanel-devel] 0.8.1 preview

From: Gavin Brown
Subject: [Perlpanel-devel] 0.8.1 preview
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 10:15:54 +0000

I think it's about time for a new PerlPanel release. 0.8.1 will be the
new version. There are a few changes to the way the panel works. The
main one is that you now specify the panel size in pixels rather than
the previous "large", "medium", "small" and "tiny" - you current
configuration will be updated when you run the new version.

There's also a handy DriveManager applet that allows you to mount,
unmount and eject DVD/CD ROMs, hard drives, network drives, and USB
devices like digital cameras.

Before the "official" 0.8.1 release I'd like some feedback on the new
changes. You can download a source tarball and a source RPM of the code
that should become 0.8.1 from the URLs below. Any comments will be
appreciated.

Thanks.

Gavin.

http://jodrell.net/files/perlpanel/PerlPanel-0.8.1pre.tar.gz