perlpanel-devel

Re: [Perlpanel-devel] 0.8.1 preview

From: Gavin Brown
Subject: Re: [Perlpanel-devel] 0.8.1 preview
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 16:39:39 +0000

> The "Reorder" in the context menu of the Iconbar creates a window with a
> list with 2 columns, the first one showing the icons themselves, while the
> second one is empty. I assume this column should be filled with the
> names.

It should, however the IconBox is deprecated (we have individual
Launchers now), so I'd advise you to remove your IconBox and replace the
icons in it with Launchers. At some point I may create an automagical
migration dubris for those people still using IconBoxen.

> I also noticed that the panel doesn't react when the configuration
> dialog for the new mounter applet is opened (the same things happens
> with the preferences dialog of the task bar - you probably need to check
> all dialogs).

This dialog (and a few others) are "modal" dialogs, that prevent
interaction with the main application window. Allowing users to interact
with applets that they're in the process of configuring could cause some
problems, so it's safer to make these dialogs modal. I'd make the main
Configurator dialog modal too, but there's a bug (it may be fixed now, I
can't find it in Bugzilla) in Gtk+ that breaks drag and drop inside
TreeView widgets in modal windows, which in turn breaks the applet
re-order window.

If we used GConf or something similar, it probably wouldn't be a
problem.

> The new shrinking function looks wonderful, but now my windows are
> displayed *under* the panel, which is in front of my terminals if i want
> to type. Would be nice to fix it.

Working on this now, at the same time as Jason Brian's bugs.

--
Gavin Brown
e: address@hidden