Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Category sorting issues

From: Randy Smith
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Category sorting issues
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 23:59:52 +0000

address@hidden wrote*:

>hey randy, thanks for your patch.

Not a problem. My boss' big hang up with phpgw was that it didn't sort the
categories properly they were displayed in the address book. I had to do
something. :-)

> to change the return_array function
>that way is not possible; some of the apps (i.e. bookmarks and shopping
>cart) use the $type_filter and the $parent_filter to select their
>categories and show them in a special tree view.

That's what I get for not using those apps. :-) I suspected that there might be
problem there, but I wasn't sure what to do about it. I'm glad somebody does.

>to sort the cats that way you figured out, i added a new function which
>i'm about to commit to the categories class. i will work now on the
>limit prob... :)

I look forward to it. Have you changed any of the apps to see the new function
or
are you (or whomever) going to wait until you get the limit problem figured out?

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for making the fix.

Randy