[Phpgroupware-developers] groups, categories, tickets, oh my.

From: Wired Tri
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] groups, categories, tickets, oh my.
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 10:25:03 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jengo / all,

BRIEFLY: I am wondering about how groups and
categories can be co-mananged, with specific
appication to TTS (though it affects most other apps
too).

IN DEPTH:
I've been working on the TTS for several days and have
fixed some of the things in there. I've got
mail_ticket working 90%, and have some other changes
that I want to make, but it's to the point where I
should probably discuss with the owner (Jengo?) and
others.

For instance. I want to use the TTS system such that
only members of group 'A' can view tickets in their
group... this implies sorting tickets by group, and in
my sandbox, I've already restored most of the 'group'
functionality to ticket. It looked like it was
commented out, but not permanently removed. I
uncommented it and made some small modifications, but
didn't know if the commenting-out was intended to be
permanent.

I think it's useful to sort tickets by group.

The question is then how to manage sorting by groups
AND categories. I envision the following:

Group 'A' has some members, and they have tickets
which are divided into categories '1', '2', and '3'.

Group 'B' has some members, and they have tickets
which are divided into categories '4', '5', and '6'.

This means that members that are in group 'A' but NOT
in group 'B' should not be able to view tickets that
are in group 'B', nor should they be able to edit,
view or add tickets which are in categories 4, 5, or
6.

I like this implementation, but it means that we have
to add categories to the ACL... much as groups are in
there now... something like
acl_appname = phpgw_category
acl_location = whatever category_id
acl_account = whatever user_id has access to that cat.
acl_rights = 1

This would/could of course have implications across
many apps.

Thoughs anyone?