Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Mobile Application Link (was syncml)

From: Dan Kuykendall (Seek3r)
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Mobile Application Link (was syncml)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 23:30:37 -0800

>From their website

* Can I connect directly, via modem, to my MAL compliant server?

Yes. As long as you have a network dial-up connection which supports
TCP/IP you will be able to communicate between the mobile device and
your information repository.

In fact, the MAL specification allows a mobile device to connect to
multiple unique MAL compliant servers in a single session. This will
make it far simpler and quicker for customers who wish to exchange data
with several repositories that have radically different types of
information.

* Can I connect to a MAL compliant server from my desktop HotSync /
ActiveSync Cradle?

Yes. Part of the MAL architecture is a "relay conduit" which is software
that runs on your workstation and plugs into your desktop
synchronization engine. It forwards messages back and forth to the
server enabling direct server/device communication.. The source code for
this piece is included in the MAL distribution.

Well dang it all to heck!!
This sounds like a winner. Can someone please look into the details of
what the MAL server needs to recieve/generate?

It says it uses an HTTP conversation, so I cant imagine it being rocket
science (least I hope not).

Please... someone, please look into this. I wont have time to do
anything with this till mid to end of February.

Seek3r