[Phpgroupware-developers] do you know a phpgw developper?

From: linux support austria
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] do you know a phpgw developper?
Date: 18 Feb 2002 20:30:53 +0100

Hi folks,

we are a small Linux support company in Austria/Europe and have pursued
a non-profit client to migrate their M$ Access-based mission critical
application to a web-based application server-based solution.

This application administers the personal data of some 20.000 members,
of some 60.000 non-members, some 1.000 objects and displays the workflow
of some 200 files in a pipeline. It also dumps some statistics a few
times a year. The data are all stored in a database (M$ Access .mdb for
the time being, it will be migrated to PostgreSQL).

After considering miscellaneous application servers (Tomcat-Jakarta,
Midguard, Zope, OpenACS, Enhydra) we selected PhpGroupware, based on the
following criteria:

1. Openness (easy to integrate new apps)
2. speed (especially compared to a Java-based solution)
3. small footprint and directness (the apps are not overloaded with a
thick layer of abstraction like in Zope)
4. documentation (don't get too confident... :-)
5. regular language set (standard PHP in contrast to the stripped down
Python in Zope, for example)
6. Open Source
7. Platform independency
8. Interoperability with standard services (Apache, SQL, LDAP, ...)

Instead of sub-contracting the PHP programming work to any of the
countless PHP programmers, we are looking for a developper familiar with
the phpgroupware framework. The core project should be completed in
about three months' time, but there is more time to finish the work. We
also expect some maintenance contracts and extension projects to follow.

We might attract a European Union grant so programmers from within the
European Union but outside Austria or from emerging economies ("third
world") as well as start-ups are clearly in advantage. If you happen to
know any such person/company or you are interested in the project
yourself we would be happy to hear from you.

Cheers,

Mark

P.S. the application will be gpl'd, of course. :-)