[Phpgroupware-developers] re: xmlrpc mozilla and phpgroupware

From: Don Smith
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] re: xmlrpc mozilla and phpgroupware
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:57:16 -0500

I have a real small sample app that does an xmlrpc login and logout to phpgroupware, it's all done with xul and _javascript_ and not really ready to show but it works, the xmlrpc contact has just added a method for digest authorization (which before didn't work right) to mozilla. it's in the nightlies, and will probably be in .9.9
I started work on addressbook as that seems to be the farthest developed common app, it even has some methods for syncing with a remote service (absync) from what i've seen of calender the interfaces aren't xpcomized enough yet.
The other area i'd love to see more developed is the xmlrpc bookmark support in phpgw but i guess that's another story, for now, my current plans were a sidebar that would login and sync various elements, as for what i've seen from calendar, to really do this right i think there should be a generic remote services api, of which phpgw is just a specific implementation.

just my 2c
if anyone wants to take a look at the xul/js that does the login logout i'd be more than happy to show it, though it's not what i'd call productive but it is mozilla talking to phpgw ) please drop a line

don smith