[Phpgroupware-developers] re: xmlrpc unauthorized

From: Don Smith
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] re: xmlrpc unauthorized
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 00:45:41 -0500

the only problem with this, or maybe it's mozilla, is that mozila will not add the header unless its' prompted to, which sounds like it's probably part of the digest spec though i haven't checked, so in order to implement a mozilla front end to phpgroupware either php has to change its' method, or mozilla has to change the way it handles basic authentication across any and all http connections, I would really like to be ablt to get php addressbook, and perhaps calender data into mozilla, so if this is a good goal which others would like to see, how can i move forward on this?

many thanks
don smith

xmlrpc should definitely return an xmlrpc packet
describing the situation to a point.  But a tradional
401 is not the goal so much as an xmlrpc error
packet...

Don Smith wrote:

> Is there any way to have the xmlrpc return a 401 if the auth headers are
> not present, it seems netscape's xmlrpc (and perhaps netscape's
> underlying httpconnections) will not add the headers until prompted for them
>
> many thanks
>
> don smith

Miles Lott - phpGroupWare
http://www.phpgroupware.org