Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Understanding how Authentication works

From: Bob Crandell
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Understanding how Authentication works
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 14:05:12 +0000

I think POP3 and IMAP are just connectors to the mail store.  In my case, I
check
my mail with POP3 (leave mail on server) and IMAP programs and phpGroupware and
see the same messages.

The mail is not pulled into MySQL.

If I'm wrong, sorry.

Ryan Sclanders (address@hidden) wrote*:

>Hi
>
>Apologies for not replying to Aljandro Borges regarding rebuilding imap and
>php.
I see that there are a number of answers to that already.

>My question comes back to authenticating though phpgroupware.
>Senario: If you have a live mail server with 3000+ mail addresses on already.
>All
created as pop accounts.
>1. How does one get phpgroupware to use the pop accounts rather than creating
them in mysql?
>2. Or yes mysql will authenticate them but if you add a pop account can that
autocreate it in mysql?

>I have got a working version of this on my network. I just cannot recreate it.
>
>Any Ideas, as it is frustrating to create a popaccount and then to go into
phpgroupware and create an account there.

--
Bob Crandell
Assured Computing