RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Palm conduit for addbook

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Palm conduit for addbook
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:27:03 -0400

I guess I should have checked things out rather than rely on memory before I
sent that last email - it turns out that the organizations and individuals
are in fact, in two separate tables - the SQL stuff (queries with joins) I
can handle

If it's OK with the list, I'll attach a relationship diagram bitmap (from
what I can figure out) of the phpgw addbook tables

I still need help with the sync logic as briefly explained below:

when there is one record per individual (that includes company info like the
addressbook) then I could make a table that matched up phpgw record id
numbers with
palm addressbook record id numbers.  When we get into multiple individuals
per
company I was going to match them up and sync them through in a similar
manner.
But if one company info field changes on the Palm (for example the first
Palm
record of two individuals from the same company) how do I prevent the second
company record from undoing the changes applied by the first?  Any input on
logic
would be helpful