RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Palm conduit for addbook

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Palm conduit for addbook
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 15:48:39 -0400

I want to make sure the addressbook conduit works - I just don't want to
spend time improving it (ie adding features that I would like as a user to
ease field mapping customization)

For instance, it would be nice to allow the user to map their own fields in
the coldsync configuartion file.  I would like have a list of the phpgw
fields and a matching list of the Palm fields so that the order of the two
lists establishes the field mapping for syncing.  I would also like to input
a phpgw field list that can be procesed to prioritize what info fills up the
Palm phone, email, fax fields.  Also, I want to have yet another list to
specify the phpgw fields for mapping to the custom fields or whether they
should be filled up as part of the previous list

PS I'm interested in improvements to the conduits for the other three Palm
apps