[Phpgroupware-developers] My new XSL Template class

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] My new XSL Template class
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 16:23:03 -0700

This is the XSL Template class I have been talking about to a few people. Now that I have finally gotten the code out of my head and only file I wanted to get some eyeballs on it.

Basicly just unzip this into a dir under your webroot. You will need PHP's XSLT support enabled for this to work at all.

The idea is that this will replace our use of PHPLIB's tpl based template system. XSL can handle most if the UI layer all on its own with this template class. In phpGW the UI layer would basicly just make the request to the bo class, decide which xsl files are needed and do template->add_file() for them. Then it would take the return data from the bo and pump it into template->set_var().

The template class will auto convert these arrays into XML, will merge all the required XSL files into a single xslresult and will then use PHP's XSLT to convert it into HTML.

XSL can do all the loops thru the data to generate the interface we are used to.

My goal is to start becoming forward compatible with where the industry is moving. XSL is a great technology and can get us pushed into the XML world and move our code to work better in the web services sector.

Seek3r