[Phpgroupware-developers] Re: Phpgroupware-developers digest, Vol 1 #335

From: Stefan Heimers
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: Phpgroupware-developers digest, Vol 1 #335 - 9 msgs
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 22:10:55 +0200

Just thinking out loud here, but the auto_add should have created the
account in SQL.  Auth vs. Repository.

Yes of course it should, but it doesn't.
The problem is: BEFORE auto_add() is called there is a call to
get_type($this->account_lid), which looks up the username in the SQL database
(where it is not yet) and returns an empty account_id. Because of this it exits in
stead of creating the user account in the SQL database.

get_type() should determine if the name belongs to a user or a group. It needs
two queries: First it looks up the username to get the account_id. Then it
takes the account_id and tries to get the account type from that account_id.
But if the username is not found, there is no account_id, and thus the second
SQL query fails. And then the function returns BEFORE the auto_add() statement
is reached. No user is created and the session is halted. The check for user or
group has to be moved after the auto_add() statement, then it works.

I could not login users without phpgw accounts before my fix and after
everything worked fine. So I am quite sure I did the right thing.

Am I the only one using NIS? Did NIS login work for anybody without predefined
users in the SQL db with phpgw 0.9.14rc3 or newer? I installed 0.9.14rc3 from
debian sid last wednesday.