Re: SV: [Phpgroupware-developers] How can I contribute ?

From: ceb
Subject: Re: SV: [Phpgroupware-developers] How can I contribute ?
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 20:57:35 +0200 (CEST)

hey Sigurd,

since all your apps provide the management of properties, they are
tasks of one work area. please have a look at the inventory application, which
i maintain. there are parts for the products, the accountancy, the stock
rooms, the distributors. but its only one application with one icon on the
navbar.
also, it looks like your apps partially base on my projects module, which
is also splitted into different tasks but works as one application.

user/group access control is possible by acl settings and also the
categories are usable within each of the app_parts.

it would mess things up for developers and users to have apps splitted
into several modules in our cvs tree. fm_workorders is only usable within
the fm_properties work area. so noone can co it seperatly and use it like
projects, timetracker or todo. the same with fm_tts... we have a tts
module already, so it wouldnt be clear whats the fm_tts for... :)

if you really have to stay with your current concept, please create an own
project at savannah or sourceforge for your app. so than it also would be
clear the modules support the management of properties, are one work area
and depend on each other.

thnx & grtx. Bettina [ceb]

[have a lot of funk]