Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Hi. We're making a lot of changes.

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Hi. We're making a lot of changes.
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 13:00:13 +0000

I made some changes to Timetrack but haven't posted them yet

My changes allow the administrator to assign a billout rate for each employee
and a
bill-out rate multiplier for each defined task.  Then when time is added, new
fields
have been added to track the charges against a project as well as the time
assigned
to the project

It adds a new admin screen to control which users get to see the current
charges per
project on the job status screen

I also made a few changes that are flagged by a variable in the new admin screen
(not visible - you have to edit the source code to activate them).  It was an
easy
way to test changes without affecting everyone.

These changes include changing the timesheet summaries to not summarize the
employee's time by project (it lists all the entries for the week showing).  It
also
changes the project numbering system to not restart the project numbering for
each
customer but to match our numbering system that, for each location, we restart
project numbering each year and increment it as projects start regardless of
who the
customer is (eg 1020020003 means location 10, year 2002, project 0003)

I also grabbed the invoice creation routine from ck-ledger but haven't had time
modify it to make it work - I can discuss the logic behind that direction if
you like

I have investigated standardizing on a contact system and decided that
currently,
addbook is the module to use - but haven't modified Timetrack for that yet. The
reasons for that include the fact that projects should be assigned to a company
(not
an individual in the addressbook module since there could easily be more than
one
individual per company).  Right now that means the addbook or cdb modules - but
cdb
doesn't have any gui set up yet.  A few weeks ago, a method to modify a module
(addbook for example) to have it check that another module wasn't referring to
one
of it's records before deleting a record was outlined on this mailing list

Getting a time entry system for our projects (with an invoice creation routine)
is a
goal for us right now.  We have an MS Access database for clients and projects
(and
related stuff) that I would like to port over to PostgreSQL but would like to
do it
in such a way to easily adapt to add the ability for employees to add time to
projects

I would like to coordinate changes with you if you don't mind