Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Links to phpGW items

From: Patrick J. Walsh
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Links to phpGW items
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 19:16:38 -0700

Most cookie problems these days are caused by the user disabling them,
while the referer is the only way i can see this being done.  If the
browser doesn't support referers then it might be an incentive for them
to upgrade :)

In fact, I believe both Opera and Mozilla offer the referrer stuff as a feature that can be disabled for people who are privacy conscious. Also, certain privacy programs eat cookies and screen referrers. So even the most modern browsers may not pass a referrer or accept a cookie.

--On Wednesday, September 18, 2002 10:40 AM -0600,
--Tom Gasaway <address@hidden> wrote:

> I implemented a feature similar to this primarily so that when
calendar> users receive email about an event they have been
requested to attend,
> the email can contain a link directly to the Accept/Reject page.
The
> links look something like:

http://.../phpgroupware/index.php?menuaction=calendar.uicalendar.edit_sta>
tus&cal_id=###&owner=###

> If the user is not already logged in they first go to the login
page and
> then when they  enter their login and password they will be
redirected to
> the desired page. I used a cookie to pass the URL from index.php to
> home.php.  I also tried to clean up the cookie in function
> check_logoutcode.  This is working for our purposes, but I am
not sure if
> this is what you are looking for.  I have included the patch below.
>
> Tom
>
> Dave Hall wrote:
>>
>> Daniel & mr_e,
>>
>> This is also a feature I desire.  Sime time ago I had some thoughts
>> about how (but not actually tried) to implement this.  Here is my
>> suggestion:
>>
>> Somewhere in the login.php script file:
>>
>> $server_absolute_url = ( ( !is_intger (strpos
>> ($GLOBALS['phpgw_info']['server']['webserver_url'], 'http') )
&& (
>> strpos ($GLOBALS['phpgw_info']['server']['webserver_url'],
'http') !=0 )
>> )  ? $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] .
>> $GLOBALS['phpgw_info']['server']['webserver_url'] :
>> $GLOBALS['phpgw_info']['server']['webserver_url'] );
>>
>> if( !empty (trim( $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] ) ) )
>> {
>>   $link_url = strstr( $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'],
$server_absolute_url )
>>   if( $link_url )
>>   {
>>     $this->t->set_var('goto', $GLOBALS['phpgw']->link($link_url);
>>   }
>> }
>> else
>> {
>>   $this->t->set_var('goto', $GLOBALS['phpgw']->link($link_url);
>> }
>> Then somewhere in the script that checks the login:
>>
>> if( !empty( $_POST['goto'] ) )
>> {
>>   Header('Location: ' . $GLOBALS['phpgw']->link( $_POST['goto']
) );
>>   exit;
>> }
>>
>> As I said I have not implemented this and it is only a concept,
but it
>> might give someone the inspiration to do it and I am sure
people can
>> improve on it.  I have not looked at that code for some time. I
also>> apologie for the poor formatting ... email is not real good
when you
>> need the col width to be wider than 80chars :)
>>
>> The other advantage is that if a user's session times out they
are able
>> to re login and return to where they left off.  Unfortunately
they may
>> still lose their very long email they were bashing out ... but they
>> should have had the notify window open.
>>
>> Let me know what you think.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> skwashd
>>
>> "Patrick J. Walsh (mr_e)" <address@hidden> wrote:
>> >
>> > Daniel,
>> >
>> >    You are right, there should absolutely be a mechanism for
>> > redirecting to a
>> > particular page after logging in.  Unfortunately, this
>> > functionality does
>> > not yet exist.  I've been meaning to look into making it work.
>> > There's a
>> > good chance there will be something that does this in CVS in the
>> > near
>> > future.
>> >
>> > ..mr_e
>> >

>> > --On Wednesday, September 18, 2002 11:16 AM +0200,

provide>> > (from> outside phpgw) links, that point to links
inside phpGW.