Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Remote login

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Remote login
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 22:23:43 +1000

Hey Zone,

Thanks for the info ... but it is .14 latest cvs.  I had a look through
things, and I think i have found the culprit.  You are right it is a
cookie issue.  I use php4 sessions.  My domain is a subdomain of a ccTLD
(ie myserver.mydomain.com.au).

I noticed skeeter applied a patch to the php4 sessions class, 9 days ago.

On IE I set cookies to prompt, but when trying to login it was not
trying to set any cookies, so I thought i would check what Mozilla and
Netscape 4.7x were doing.  Surprisingly on Mozilla 1.1 (Windoze98) it is
prompting to accept cookies from domain ".com.au", N4.79 reports the
same thing.  If those cookies are accepted it allow the login.

I have tested this and posted it as a patch on savannah (allocated to
skeeter), it doesn't completely comply with the guidelines ... but I was
in a hurry.  Here is the code if anyone is interested:
class.sessions_php4.inc.php lines 284-288 replaced with this:
                        if (count($parts) > 2)
                        {
                                if(strlen($parts[count($parts)-1]) == 2) // for
ccTLD names
                                {
                                        $this->cookie_domain =
'.'.$parts[count($parts)-3].'.'.$parts[count($parts)-2].'.'.$parts[count($parts)-1];
                                }
                                else
                                {
                                        $this->cookie_domain =
'.'.$parts[count($parts)-2].'.'.$parts[count($parts)-1];
                                }
                        }

Or see patch the patch:
https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?func=detailpatch&patch_id=537&group_id=509