Re: SPAM:17: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: recursion in templates

From: Patrick Walsh
Subject: Re: SPAM:17: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: recursion in templates
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:12:03 -0700

    It does support recursion -- I've used it that way, though I don't
remember exactly how it works.  Basically, phpGroupWare is currently using
an adaptation of PHPLib templates.  There's a tutorial here:
http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/PHP/PHPLib/print_html  Pay special
attention to the section on blocks.

    When you create a block, that block is stored as a variable within the
Template class.  The Template class doesn't do the recursion, of course, but
your recursive routine can keep expanding a variable in the template with
block pieces to get the nested effect I assume you are looking for.

    All that being said, the next major release of phpGroupWare will likely
use a very different templating system.

Patrick (mr_e)