[Phpgroupware-developers] Re: recursion in templates

From: totschnig . michael
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: recursion in templates
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 18:01:53 -0400

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

Patrick Walsh <address@hidden> a écrit:

>     When you create a block, that block is stored as a variable within the
> Template class.  The Template class doesn't do the recursion, of course, but
> your recursive routine can keep expanding a variable in the template with
> block pieces to get the nested effect I assume you are looking for.

that is what I tried, but the problem I ran into, was that when
setting up the inner blocks, I mess-up the variables set for the outer
blocks. I have the impression that to have a recursive document, I
would need different variables for each recursion level, and that the
template class does not provide this.

>     All that being said, the next major release of phpGroupWare will likely
> use a very different templating system.

I try to follow discussions about this new templating system.

Regards,

Michael