[Phpgroupware-developers] Some changes to the program flow

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Some changes to the program flow
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 08:37:11 -0700

I have now added to functions.inc.php a call to register_shutdown_function(); I have registered the common->phpgw_footer() to be run at the end or exit of a script. Now apps no longer have to bother putting that at the end of all their pages, and we can have this function called more reliably. The only things apps have to do is the stuff at the top of their files to set the appname and include the header.inc.php.

There will be some initial hitches to this in scripts that dont want the api to display anything, and havent set the nessesary flags to prevent this.

Also for an example of using scrollable <div> to keep the window framework looking nice even when the app content is longer than the avaible space, I have put scrollable <div> around the main preferences page. To test this just load up the preference page and make your window too short to display all the content. You will should see that the overall page fits in the window and you still have your footer, but only the content portion has a scrollbar. Im curious about how various browsers deal with this, so let me know. I am already aware of the fact that mozilla doesnt properly give the div focus, and so the scolling wheel mouse doesnt work in there. This is a bug they have to deal with and its in their bugzilla. IE 6 works fine with this.

If it works well or is ignored by browsers that dont understand it, so is safe to use then I would encourage its use in several places to help keep the overall page structure in order.

Dan