Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Some changes to the program flow

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Some changes to the program flow
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 10:56:34 -0700

Dan Kuykendall wrote:
I have now added to functions.inc.php a call to register_shutdown_function(); I have registered the common->phpgw_footer() to be run at the end or exit of a script. Now apps no longer have to bother putting that at the end of all their pages, and we can have this function called more reliably. The only things apps have to do is the stuff at the top of their files to set the appname and include the header.inc.php.

There will be some initial hitches to this in scripts that dont want the api to display anything, and havent set the nessesary flags to prevent this.

This is also going to make common->phpgw_exit unnessesary and so I will be removing the function.

In the API as we find functions that are no longer needed, we will be removing them. We dont want to continue leaving useless function in the API for backward compatibility at this stage in the game. The coreteam is working hard to clean up the API to improve performance, stability and constancy so that the next version of the API and phpGW as a whole faster, more flexible and more stable.

Seek3r