Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] PHP-GW as backend to public site?

From: Stephane Couture
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] PHP-GW as backend to public site?
Date: 04 Oct 2002 16:47:44 -0400

Le ven 04/10/2002 à 02:15, Patrick Walsh (mr_e) a écrit :

>      Well, it's not impossible to do it right now, people would just have to
> link into phpgw.  They wouldn't see the stuff in the site look and feel,
> they'd link to the phpgw forums, logged in as the anonymous user.  I can
> show you how to make a link that keeps the session and links properly.

Well I don't like very much this idea.  We would like a forum on the
public web site.  Again, I can probably do it myself by making a new
class uiforum_sitemgr (something), that will deal with the same boforum
class as the forum.   There a few problem in this that i noticed:

1.  Forum uses nextmatches class, which refer to few things like
PHPGW_TEMPLATE_DIR and theme colors.  It doesn't seem that we have
access to theses things in the SiteMgr...

2.  There doesn't seem to be a system that allows to do things like
$GLOBALS['phpgw']->link('/index.php','menuaction=forum.uiforum.index')
to have direct access to the functions, which would allows me to just
plug the ui as is...

3.  We would like to have a read-only forum for the user anonymous (ie.:
sitemgr).  This is not your problem, but anyway...

This is what I understand after few hours trying to figure it out, so I
might be wrong...

> > I would like to know about your hooks support, and when it will be
> > available.  I can help you in that if you want...
>
>     I took a little break and am just starting to hack at the code again.  I
> haven't started actually coding the hooks stuff yet (though I wrote a little
> requirements document... Have you taken a look at it?) so I'm not sure what
> I'm in for, nor how much coding time I'll have over this next month.  I'll
> aim for having that feature done in November though.  It's my highest
> priority.

I guess it is the sitemgr/doc/hooks-requirements.txt.   As I understand
the way you see it, sitemgr will pass through all applications, and the
ones which would have hook_sitemgr will then have one or more links in
the "link bar" or something like this.  I don't understand the
"properties" thing though...

As I told you, we do need a public forum in the sitemgr as soon as
possible, and I have some time for coding.  It will be nice to do it the
nice way instead of patching all around, so i would be very glad to help
you!

Steph

Etudiant: Wanadoo t'offre le Pack eXtense Haut Débit soit 150,92 euros
d'économies ! Clique ici : http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/mail.etudiant