Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] PHP-GW as backend to public site?

From: Stephane Couture
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] PHP-GW as backend to public site?
Date: 14 Oct 2002 13:10:07 -0400

Le ven 04/10/2002 à 21:42, Patrick Walsh (mr_e) a écrit :
> > 1.  Forum uses nextmatches class, which refer to few things like
> > PHPGW_TEMPLATE_DIR and theme colors.  It doesn't seem that we have
> > access to theses things in the SiteMgr...
>
>     I haven't looked at the NextMatches class recently, so I'm not sure what
> needs to happen to make it work with SiteMgr.  If, however, you can make
> calls to NextMatches that return data and not html (as one would hope is the
> case) then it's just a matter of making a UI class to wrap it for doing
> nextmatches in SiteMgr.

This means that we have to re-write ui part of the forum (I created a
class class.uiforum_sitemgr.inc.php, which means getting rid of a lot of
phpgw functionnality...   Is that right?

> > 2.  There doesn't seem to be a system that allows to do things like
> > $GLOBALS['phpgw']->link('/index.php','menuaction=forum.uiforum.index')
> > to have direct access to the functions, which would allows me to just
> > plug the ui as is...
>
>     In fact, there is such a system.   In SiteMgr you can call one of two
> functions: phpgw_link($url, $extravars) and sitemgr_link($url, $extravars).
> These are in the functions.inc.php file.  Also, if you read the themes
> readme file you'll see that in the template file or in the generated content
> you can create {curly bracket} codes for automatically linking to things in
> phpgw or sitemgr and properly handling paths, sessions, etc.

I'm still at prototyping phase.  What I did, up to now, is to generate
the forum index (the list of category), into the content of the page.
In class.bo.inc.php of sitemgr, I get this function:

function get_content()
{
         return $this->forumui->index();
        // return $this->page->content;
}

So basically, I have the forum (which would be a general module) in one
page (in all pages now, but anyway...).

The problem is that the forum contains some link to itself.  Let's say I
click on one forum, I would like the sitemgr to remain on the same page,
but display my specific forum.  The url would then be something like
this:

http://localhost/~steph/phpgroupware/sitemgr/sitemgr-site/index.php?page_name=Forumdediscussion&menuaction=forum.uiforum_sitemgr.forum&cat_id=1

Is there anything that would deal with this?

Actually, I would think of creating a new class class
class.Page_BO.inc.php, with a more intelligent function Content that
will call the appropriate function in the forum (or more generally, the
module associated with this page...)

>     Well, I certainly can't turn down an offer like that!  Are you willing
> to help make the interface for managing modules?  I could sketch out what
> the pages should look like and give you BO classes with functions that will
> populate the information.
>
>     Again, though, I'll be out of town all next week and then traveling
> again in late October.  I'm not sure what your time frame is for this.  I
> anticipate hooks support well before Thanksgiving.  Sooner with help from
> you.  But once hooks support is up and running you'll still need to make
> your forum hook...
>
>     Let me know what you'd like to do.

I need to put my forum in the sitemgr, and I want to do it the right
way, that's it.  So, I can code anything that would facilitate me doing
this, and when you are ready to work again, I can pass you the code, or
something like this...  I would appreciate if you send me the interface,
and bo class, anyway, what you did so it can gives me ideas about your
architecture...

Steph

ps.: Our Thanksgiving (in Canada) is today.  When is yours?

Etudiant: Wanadoo t'offre le Pack eXtense Haut Débit soit 150,92 euros
d'économies ! Clique ici : http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/mail.etudiant