[Phpgroupware-developers] trying to get into the source

From: Bradley W. Langhorst
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] trying to get into the source
Date: 09 Oct 2002 18:29:06 -0400

I've built a doxygen tree and am trying to get a handle on why the ldap
backend doesn't work (and hopefully fix it).  Unfortunately doxygen
can't follow CreateObject instantiations so, for example, it's tough to
figure out what is instantiating uicalendar.

Is there some kind of design document somewhere?

if not maybe sombody can answer these questions for me...

what does bo stand for?
what does so stand for?

it looks like this is what happens when a user requests a calendar
does this seem right?
where does the users dropdown get instantiated? in get_grants?
index.php ->
includes header.php.inc
        includes other stuff that draws the pages...

uicalendar->
sets theme
instantiates a categories dropdown
instantiates a bocalendar object

bocalendar->
gets the permissions other users have on this calendar
determines user (why is this using both POST and GET methods?)
determines users group
gets default and user prefs
instantiates an socalendar object
determines date to display

socalendar->
determines date, user, filter, and category to be used
instantiates an socalendar_ obj
calls open to get a stream to the db (but never does anything with
it...)

socalendar_->
determines which calendar storage mechanism to include
(but the logic in there only ever includes the socalendar_sql
function... this seems awkward to me)
socalendar_sql (subclass of socalendar__)
sets the user again

keep in mind that i don't know a lot about php (i do know enough other
languages that it all looks familiar though)

thanks for helping me get up to speed...

brad