Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] md5 question

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] md5 question
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 01:06:11 +0000

do you have a url for this part of the protocol spec?  this really sounds very
badly
thought out on syncml's part.

Guillaume Courtois (address@hidden) wrote*:

>>ok, i don't understand how this thing is supposed to work.  Any password
>>storage
>>system worth it weight in peanuts will have non-reversable encryption.  why on
>>earth would they make a "standard" that only works when the password on the
>>server
>>is stored in plain text?  I think we're missing sonething here, or maybe
>>syncml is
>>missing something.
>
>No no, you did not undestand what I'm saying (sorry, english is not my native
tongue !).

>Syncml does the same kind of thing with the password than phpGW, except that a
syncml client will send username + password + nonce all together. My problem is
that
I should separate the 3 before putting them into the phpGW variables and
creating a
session. But I can't separate the 3 because I can't decode the md5 ...