Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpWebHosting

From: Paolo Andreetto
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpWebHosting
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 09:32:30 +0100

Bob Crandell wrote:

Hi,

I have another client that wants to share some selected files with some of their
clients using phpWebHosting.  The way they want to do it is to create some
directories somewhere on the server and copy files into them using Windows
Explorer.
What would it take to make this happen?  The people logging in from the outside
would be restricted to just these directories so any security issues would be
minimized.

We've developped a solution based on apache-webdav that allows users to access to a storage
area via WebDAV and PHPGW-webhosting.
It is still in beta, and it is a little bloated, but seems to work well. The main idea is to use WebDAV repository as a base and use a special phpgw-vfs class, containing a DAV client,
to access this area.
I know that WinXP embeds WebDAV support, but I've never tested it.

I'm not sure this idea can be helpfull, but if you're interested I'll publish it immediately.

Keep in touch
--
Paolo
http://www.prosa.it