[Phpgroupware-developers] Re: Seting up SiteMgr

From: totschnig . michael
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: Seting up SiteMgr
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 00:19:53 -0500

Ashleigh Gordon <address@hidden> a écrit:

> I am tring to set up sitemgr to see if we can use this to run our
> website. However, I can not get it set up.
>
> The application is installed, and the database tables are there. I am
> using postgresql. I am using sitemgr checked out from the 9.14 branch.
>
> All goes well until I go to configure sitemgr, to put in the url and
> the filesystem path to sitemgr-site directory. I enter in the correct
> values, and click on save. Nothing happens, the form just comes back
> to me like nothing happened. I have edited the config.inc.php file in
> the sitemgr-site directory. I have checked various logs, and there are
> no error messages that I can see.

there was a long thread some time ago where somebody experienced a
very similar problem, and finally reported that the problem went away
when he updated his version of PHP.

> Would I better off using a newer version of sitemgr or am I missing
> something? If so, it would be a good idea to add it to the
> documentation, which I would be willing to do.

you can check out sitemgr from HEAD (and use it within a 9.14 install)
which is more flexible with respect to exporting data from
phpgroupware to the public web site. it is not as extensively tested,
but is reported to work.

Michael