[Phpgroupware-developers] Re: namespace for sitemgr modules

From: totschnig . michael
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: namespace for sitemgr modules
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 21:48:23 -0500

"Chris Weiss" <address@hidden> a écrit:

> Do these modules duplicate efforts in the apps or are they just your common
> interface to access the methods of the other apps?

Some do duplicate in a sense the efforts of the UI classes of the
apps, when they display on the public web site data in a similar way
than the app do. normally they should not have to duplicate BO or SO
classes, but it might be necessary if they need data in a format that
those do not provide.

> If it's the latter, I don't see why they shouldn't remain in the
> sitemrg dir.

The adwantage of having them in the apps directories, is that
sitemgr's content managment interface, displays them in the format
appname.modulename. thus making it easier for a user to understand
what different modules do.

Michael