Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Not to be impolite (2 issues, issue #1)...

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Not to be impolite (2 issues, issue #1)...
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 08:37:13 +1000

Brian Jackson <address@hidden> wrote:
Date: Wednesday, April 9, 2003 8:12 am
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Not to be impolite (2 issues,
issue   #1)...

> On Tuesday 08 April 2003 04:16 pm, Dave Hall wrote:
> > Ron <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > I've mentioned this before only to be shot down... Perhaps if I
> > > persistI can gain some momentum:
> >
> > Perhaps not too
> >
> > > ISSUE #1 (of 2):
> > >
> > > The subject line prefix is TOOOOOOO LOOOONNNNNGGG:
> > >
> > > I'm on 30+ lists and process hundreds of messages a day, but when
> > > I get
> > > to [Phhpppggrrroouupppwwaarree--ddeevvveeellloopperrrssss] there
> > > is NO
> > > SPACE left on the Subject line!
> > >
> > > What about changing to something shorter, like:
> > >
> > >    [phpgw-dev] and [phpgw-user]
> > >
> > > Failing that... could those in opposition provide a reason to
> > > usurp so
> > > much real estate on the subject line...
> >
> > This is controlled by savannah not us ... take it up with
> > savannah-hackers at gnu.org ... not here.  afaik the email
> address is
> > alway prepended to the subject line.  The convention is
> > projectname-purpose ... and as we have a long project name it
> does bloat
> > it a little.
> >
> > imho there are a lot worse things to get fired up about ... such as
> > illegal wars!
>
> Or.... we could just stick to technical discussions. This is after
> all
> phpgw-developers not phpgw-political-views

Sure, like code, not subjects on emails. I am just pointing out how
irrelevant i see the issue of the subject lines on messages from the list.

btw don't most American's believe that the 1st Amendment should be
defended, even by means condoned under the 2nd amendment? So i should be
able to express any view on this list - however irrelevant/stupid other
may see it.