Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] addressbook model and integration with acc

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] addressbook model and integration with accounts
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 04:54:58 +0000

I see we've thrown both the dcl schema and the addbook schema out the window

Should the table names start with something like phpgw_ab_ so they are all
grouped
together in a table listing of the db?

if org_id in phpgw_org and person_id in phpgw_person where non-sequential
primary
keys, they could be linked directly to contact_id in phpgw_contacts and then the
other tables could be linked directly to phpgw_org and phpgw_person.  This is
what
addbook does and allows your SQL selects to often omit querying the
phpgw_contacts
table entirely.

what is contact_type_id in phpgw_contacts and it's related table?  it looks
like a
second category system

if we're looking at a phpgw only schema, then should we omit the notes tables
and
just have links to infolog records?

please realize that this type of category linking will not be the standard that
all
other apps use

don't forget to show the relationships to phpgw_links as used by
infolog/inc/class.solink.inc.php

could someone explain to me the comm system again?  I still don't understand
why we
need three tables there.  Shouldn't two tables be sufficient?