Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] addressbook model and integration with acc

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] addressbook model and integration with accounts
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 08:10:34 -0700

Brian Johnson wrote:
what I would like, instead of a way to allow timetrack to handle a deleted
contact
record, is simply to prevent the deletion of that contact record (maybe with an
error message saying what app is linking to the contact record)

I think this would be the easiest to implement too

my main need is to prevent deletion, not cope with it

Yes and no. We should msg the user that the record is needed by x app, and then if the user still insists on deleting the record, then x app would need to have some way to cope with it. Maybe simply deleting all of its associated records. The msg is all we can do, we cant really prevent users from being stupid, and in some cases its even possible that they know what they are doing.

Dan