Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] TemplateEngine Question/Proposal

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] TemplateEngine Question/Proposal
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 07:02:42 +0000 (GMT)

Kai Hofmann <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I took a deeper look into the TemplateEngine(s) and found:

Which branch?

> phpgwapi/inc/class.Template.inc.php

This is the primary one

> phpgwapi/inc/xslttemplates.inc.php

This is the new head xslt template engine.

> setup/inc/class.Template.inc.php

setup should now use the phplib engine in the api.

> phpsysinfo/includes/class.Template.inc.php

This should go imho

> sitemgr/sitemr-site/inc/class.Template3.inc.php

sitemgr uses it own version of the tpl engine, as it does not use the
base api when rendering the site ... you would have to ask michael what
the differences are.

> each of these classes seems to be another modified version of an
> older
> (and buggy) version of the phplibs excelent template engine.
> The bug of this old phplib template engine is that it can not
> handle blocks
> within blocks correctly.

Our version seems to handle this ok.  The version in phpgw is a modified
version of the phplib tpl engine, as are our db classes.

> This is an important feature that would make life simpler.
>
> So I wanted to ask if it would be possible to updated to the actual
> correctworking
> phplib template engine? - and also use it for xml - because there
> is no
> difference if
> this template engine modifies html or xml.

How would you merge the changes? as there are quite a modifications in
the class.

I have not looked at the new xslt tpl engine, but afaik it has extra
functionality to do the tranformations.