Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] TemplateEngine Question/Proposal

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] TemplateEngine Question/Proposal
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 00:05:03 -0700

Kai Hofmann wrote:

I see the phplib template engine not for XSLT - but for construction of the
XML code that will be delivered to sablotron along with the XSLT.

generating an array with all the data is faster than throwing things into the phplib template engine to generate xml.

Also I have another question (you will kill me for it ;-):

Do you have thought about the very big performance lost by using the
XML/XSLT?
This will be much bigger than adding phpDocumentor tags to the source code I
think ;-)
Actually the performance of using xslt is fine in comparison to phplib templates. The reason for this is that xslt gets done by the C code instead of the PHP code that needs to be compiled and does a really bad job of donig too much data copying.

Dan